Monday, January 4, 2010

Rectal Enema Is Rectal Bleeding Normal For Dog After Enema?

Is rectal bleeding normal for dog after enema? - rectal enema

My vet has my dog an enema to empty your bowels yesterday to a radiograph. When we got back last night, a red liquid cargoes from your rectum, which has continued throughout the night and are now trying to continue their activities to go to the toilet, but only a few bloody feci. I called my vet and she said it was normal. My concern is drinking water.

2 comments:

Vicki J said...

If your vet gave him an enema, you've probably damaged some soft tissue a bit. I would not be much, if not worse, but I would also expect some bleeding after the surgery. It may take several days to heal, and it can be a little uncomfortable. But I think it is something very serious. Good luck

Tesstoro... said...

I would say it is normal, but keep an eye on them if you notice changes in the habits of talking to your vet

Post a Comment